Lakes of Fire 2013
MEAL SHARES going fast! Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the form to register.
Edible Alchemy brings it’s famed mobile kitchen to Lakes of Fire, for the Fourth Year! The 2013 share buy-in gets you loads of delicious community goodness: for $45 you eat 7 meals & some beverages/snacks from Friday – Sunday. Members are asked to help out with all aspects of the camp kitchen: prep, cooking, cleaning, and of course, eating delicious meals. Connect with others from the midwest over food, form some scrumptious relationships, and learn some great skills while at it. Read on, and reserve your share via the button below.
Your share in Edible Alchemy Kitchen 2013 provides:
- 7 delicious vegetarian meals, using locally sourced & sustainably-grown ingredients.
- Some between-meal snacks, including fruit and baked goods
- Tea and coffee during breakfast
- Special diet arrangements – vegan, gluten-free, and allergy options (by pre-arrangement only!)
- a chance to volunteer-ipate in the kitchen
- A place to enjoy your meal in the company of your fellow EAKers
- A place to camp with other Edible Alchemists at the Axis of Awesome Village
What You Need to Bring for Yourself
- a Lakes of Fire Ticket
- Meals before Friday at 2pm, or after Sunday at noon
- your own dishware, drinking vessels, & cutlery
- drinking and personal use water (we will not have drinking water)
- Any special/specific beverages you may want
- a way to pack out all your own trash & recycling
- camping equipment- see LOF’s survival guide for suggestions.
Menu from 2012: — 2013 coming soon!friday
lunch- 12-1:30pm – Brazilian Mole Tacos
dinner- 5-6:30pm – Eggplant Tomato Chickpea goodness over Garlic Rice DESSERT POTLUCK! 7:30-9:30 saturday
breakfast- 9-10:30am – Vegan Biscuits and Gravy, Eggs, and Fresh Fruit. with Bloody Mary’s & Coffee/Tea
lunch- 1-2:30pm – Lentil & Millet Pita with Greens
dinner – 7-8pm – Raw Spring Rolls with sauces, Quinoa Pilaf Salad
after burn snack – 12:30-2am – Grilled Cheese Bar
sunday brunch – 10-noon – Potato Greens Hash & Eggs, with Fresh Fruit. with Irish Coffee & Coffee/Tea snacks: un-toast bar with lots of condiments & peanut butter, sun tea, cold-brew coffee, fresh fruit, and baked goods. (subject to change, of course!) **please respect meal times. We realize you won’t have a clock, so have meal times on your radar! (listen for the dinner bell)…. Second helpings will be opened up to the group with 15 minutes of the meal remaining- after that, any extra food will be given away to hungry hippies.