Teach an Edible Alchemy Playshop
Because we all love skill-sharing, having fun, and working together.
1. Decide your topic. – what are you good at? what do you want to share?
-what is the goal of the playshop? (“Truffle Rolling” , “Sourdough bread basics”, “Healthy Smoothies”, “Spring Seasonal Salads” etc…)
-what will you and your students do in the playshop (make truffles, pull taffy, chat, learn, etc…)
-how long will the playshop take? (2-3 days, or 2-3 hours?)
-write up a basic supply list to determine material costs
5. As the date comes, finalize your supply & equipment list and coordinate with EA what you will need.
-bowls? plates? big spoons? small moons? let us know.
-sugar? flour? strange spices? sometimes we can order these for you. sometimes we can’t . But we can usually point you to the best places to get your supplies.
6. GATHER INTEREST and get people to sign up for your play shop.
-fliers help. really.
-facebook invites and pages, twitter, word of mouth, emails to friends, family & networks.
-talk about it, all the time. get people excited. Make them register in advance, so you know how many people will show up.
7. Write your playshop plan, and create a handout to give to participants.
-a bit of background on your topic
-the ins & outs and good advice
-instructions to help playshoppers remember what they’ve learned.
-Send to Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can print it out for you at least 3 days before your playshop.
8. Hold your playshop, share your skills, and rock people’s worlds. voila! The world is a more fun and educated space