Edible Alchemy was, and is, built by the power of volunteers. Generous donations of time, skill, sweat, and expertise of many allows us to create this community through food for all of us.
We ask that all members of EA volunteer in some capacity at least once a month, even for just half an hour. This helps us to keep our prices for our products down, and our organizers from being over taxed. We don’t pay a staff, rather we rely on volunteer power to build, maintain, and co-ordinate. Volunteeripate!
How can you get involved?
During the week:
-Gather orders from friends, family, community, etc.
-Gather information & recipes — post on our Facebook & Twitter.
-Clean, organize, stock, & label EA’s bulk area. (Friday & Saturday)
-Clean, organize, & prepare Eco for Edible Alchemy pick-up (Friday & Saturday am)
-Help update & improve the website. – contact us!
Saturday (Pick-up day!):
-8am: We always need drivers to help pick up orders from:
- Green City Market (Lincoln Park)
- Windy City Harvest (28th and Western)
-10:00 am: Break out produce boxes. (This is when we need the most help!)
- Drive the ‘to go’ orders to Hyde Park, Logan Square, & Gold Coast. **we always need drivers!
- Restock, label, & clean the shelves of bulk items.
- Help new members weigh out bulk, find dairy, and more.
- Clean up after the flurry of activity.
- Take recycling.
Edible has some awesome projects up its sleeve this year – let us know if how you want to get involved:
- Nominate a scholarship share recipient
- Organizing and labeling the bulk section
- Web development
- Our Summer Feast-ival Fundraiser: helping organize, prep, perform, work, etc…
- Teaching a playshop. (Do you have an awesome food-talent? Teach a playshop!)
- Creating playshop fliers, website, and promotion
- Creating a buzz on social media
MOBILE KITCHENS & COMMUNITY COOKING!
Like to cook? Good at cleaning? Spectacular at organizing volunteers? Then contact us! Yearly, EA participates in charity projects such as Chiditarod, the BwB/BURN Community Grant Salon, Feed the Artists meals for fundraisers, and more. We’re always looking for helping hands- so contact us to see if you can feed the masses with us!
Re-use & Upcycle
Bring your re-usable goods to Eco: (Please make sure all are clean!)
- Canning Jars with lids & rings
- Paper bags- large & small
- Plastic containers with lids
- Glass jars with lids – clean! Especially Large
- Berry clamshell containers
- Shelves and cabinets
- scrap paper- copy paper we can print on the back of
- Please NO styrofoam or cardboard boxes at all!